1. Of a future event or date, to gradually become nearer as time passes. English = approach. Idiomatic English = get closer, get nearer.
2. Of two people, for one person to come very close to the other person so that they are looking each other in the eye.
3. Of anything in general, to move into your field of vision or to come closer so that it can be better seen. English = appear.
4. To be located a very small distance away from something or someone else. English = (be) close to, (be) near, (be) nearby.
5. To be located a very small distance away from someone, so that you can see their face clearly and easily communicate with them. English = (be) face-to-face.