Keywords: loss, lose, lost
As a Noun
1. The fact of no longer having something or of having less of it than you had before. English = loss.
2. In business or finances, a situation in which you earn or make less money than you spend on various activities. English = loss.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To not know where something is because you cannot remember where you put it or because you have accidentally dropped it. English = lose.
2. To no longer have something, although you would like to have it, often because it has been taken away from you or destroyed. English = lose.
3. To not know where you are or how to get home or to where you want to go. English = lose your way; get lost, (be) lost.
4. To have someone do better than you in a competition or an argument so that you are defeated. English = lose.