break up (relationship),
split up (relationship)
As a Noun
1. The movement of two or more things away from each other so that they are no longer connected. English = separation.
2. Of a married or de facto couple, the act of living apart and deciding to end the relationship. English = separation. Idiomatic English = break up.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To move apart from each other and no longer be connected. English = separate.
2. Of a married or de facto couple, to decide to live apart and end the relationship. English = separate. Idiomatic English = break up, split up.
1. Used before or after a verb sign to mean that the things involved or doing that action do so each one by itself, not together, and probably with a large distance between them. English = apart, separately.