Keywords: technology, technique, technical
As a Noun
1. The activity or study of using scientific knowledge for practical purposes in industry, farming, medicine, or business. English = technology.
2. A particular method of doing something. English = technique.
3. A person with expert technical or scientific knowledge, especially one who looks after and maintains equipment. English = technician.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. Involving the use of special words, or the use of ordinary words in a special way, in order to describe the details of a subject or an activity. English = (be) technical.
2. Involving the practical skills and methods a person uses in an activity such as an art, a craft, or a sport. English = (be) technical.
3. Involving details about machines, processes, and materials that are used, especially in industry, transport, and communications. English = (be) technical.