Keywords: twist, wring, sprain
As a Noun
1. A turn on something made by both hands in opposite directions, or by holding one end and turning the other. English = twist.
2. The shape that something has when it has been twisted. English = twist.
3. The injury caused by accidentally damaging a joint such as your ankle or wrist by twisting it or bending it violently. English = sprain.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To turn one end of a thing in one direction while holding the other end or turning it in the opposite direction. English = twist.
2. Of a wet cloth, to twist it so that the water comes out. English = wring.
3. To accidentally damage a joint such as your ankle or wrist by twisting it or bending it violently. English = sprain.
1. Used alone to playfully show anger at what someone has done (especially a child). Idiomatic English = 'I'll wring your neck!'