Keywords: word, morpheme
As a Noun
1. A single unit of language that is uttered in speech. English = word.
2. A single unit of language that can be represented in writing or speech. In English, it has a space on either side of it when it is written. It can have one or more meanings. English = word.
3. The single smallest unit of language (spoken, written or signed) that carries meaning all by itself. English = morpheme.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To utter a single unit of language in speech; to say a word.
2. To communicate in language using words, rather than signs.