Keywords: blink, wink, pretend
As a Noun
1. The sudden and quick closing and opening of the eyes. English = blink.
2. The sudden closing and opening of one eye. English = wink.
3. The sudden closing and opening of one eye as a signal of some sort. English = wink.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To shut your eye or eyes and very quickly open them again. English = (one eye) wink, (two eyes) blink.
2. To shut one of your eyes and very quickly open it again as a way of giving a signal to someone that something should not be taken at face value. English = wink.
3. To do something or act in a way which, although false, is only meant to deceive someone for a short time as part of a joke. English = pretend.
1. Used alone to signal to your addressee that all is not as it seems and that something in the situation should not be taken at face value (eg, someone is joking etc.). A signer is just as likely to actually wink rather than use this sign.