1. A car in which the gears are changed by hand. English = manual car.
2. A transmission (gear changing mechanism) in a car which is operated by hand. English = manual transmission.
3. The lever in a car that you use to change gears. English = gearshift, gear-stick, gear lever.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To be a car in which the gears are changed by hand, rather than automatically. English = (be) manual.
1. Many normally right-handed signers use their left hand for this sign. (The gear stick is located to the left hand side of the driver in Australia, where the steering wheel is on the right side of a car.)