Keywords: wish, hope, hopefully
As a Noun
1. A longing or desire for something, often something that is difficult to obtain or achieve. English = wish.
2. A feeling of confidence that that what you want to happen might happen. English = hope.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To want something to happen, even though you know that it may not be possible or is unlikely. English = wish.
2. To want something to be true or to happen and usually to believe that it is possible. English = hope.
1. Used alone to express your desire for something to happen. English = 'Hopefully!' 'I hope so!'
1. Used to describe something that you hope and are fairly confident will happen. English = hopefully.