Keywords: nudge, elbow
As a Noun
1. A gentle knock you give someone with your elbow. English = nudge.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To use your elbow to push someone out of the way, especially in a crowd. English = elbow.
2. To use your elbow to jab someone nearby in the ribs as a friendly gesture and as a sign of friendship and complicity, like winking. English = nudge.
1. Used alone towards an addressee to mean that what you have just said or done (or will soon do) should be taken in jest, like a joke, rather than seriously. English = 'Just kidding!'
2. Used alone towards an addressee to get their attention and alert them to what you have just done or will just do, especially towards a third party, should be taken as a joke. English = 'Hey, watch this!'