1. An obstruction in front of the face with space enough to peer through, such as a slit in a wall or the space between two planks, or any thing or any action directly or indirectly associated with this, especially Muslims or a veil.
As a Noun
1. A piece of thin, soft material that women sometimes wear over their heads, especially in Muslim cultures. English = veil.
2. A person who believes in Islam and lives according to its rules. English = Muslim, Moslem.
3. The religion of the Muslims, which teaches that there is only one God and that Mohammed is His prophet. English = Islam.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. Of a woman, especially in a Muslim culture, to wear a veil.
2. To relate to Islam. English = (be) Muslim, (be) Moslem, (be) Islamic.