1. A part of an object that is damaged, usually where the object has or might separate into two or more pieces. English = break, crack.
2. A short period of time in which you have a rest and stop doing what you were doing. English = break, pause.
3. A short break at work when people often have a cigarette. Australian English = smoko.
4. A break between school classes. English = recess.
5. The shot that scatters the triangular arrangement of balls at the beginning of a game of billiards or snooker. English = break.