Keywords: glass (cup), cup, mug
1. To put one’s hand around any cylindrical object and hold it, especially a cup, or any (cylindrical) thing large or small, such as a pipe, tube, chimney, tower, but especially a cup itself, that can be easily associated with this in context. Without context suggesting otherwise, signers will assume you mean a cup or actions associated with a cup.
As a Noun
1. A container made from glass which you can drink from. They do not have handles. English = glass.
2. A small, round container, usually with a handle, from which you drink liquids such as tea and coffee. English = cup.
3. A large deep cup with straight sides. It usually has a large handle. English = mug.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To move or place a glass, cup, mug or other cylindrical object onto a flat surface.