Keywords: dark, darkness, darken
As a Noun
1. The lack of light in a place. English = dark, darkness.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. Of a place or the sky, to become darker, for example because it is nearly night. English = darken.
2. Of a place or situation, to lack light and to be difficult to see in. English = (be) dark.
3. Of a thing, to be or have the colour that is quite near black. English = (be) dark.
4. Of a colour or object, to be approaching black in shade, as in 'dark green'. English = dark.