Keywords: style, class, sophistication, affluence, prestige, distinguished, prestigious, reputable, affluent, wealthy, highbrow, formal
As a Noun
1. The quality of being smart and elegant, or being sophisticated. English = style, class. sophistication.
2. The state of having a lot of money and a high standard of living. English = affluence.
3. The quality you have when people admire you because of your position in society or the high quality of your work. English = prestige.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To be very successful, famous, or important; to have a lot of money and a high standard of living. English = (be) distinguished, (be) prestigious, (be) reputable; (be) affluent, (be) wealthy, (be) well off.
2. To show experience in social situations and know about culture, fashion, and other matters that are considered socially important; to be smart, elegant, and fashionable. English = (be) sophisticated, (be) stylish. Informal English = (be) classy.
3. To be intellectual, academic, and difficult to understand. English = highbrow.
4. Of events, to be not casual or to require smart clothes and correct behaviour. English = (be) formal.