Keywords: football, kick, play football, kick out
As a Noun
1. A code of football which originated in Australia and which is most popular in the southern and western states of Australia. It has its origins in Gaelic football. English = Australian Rules. Informal English = Aussie Rules.
2. Any game in which a ball is kicked around a field for most of the match. For example, Australian Rules, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Soccer, and Gridiron. English = football.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To play Australian Rules football.
2. To play football.
3. To kick something, especially a ball, with your foot.
4. To get rid of someone from an organisation or team. Idiomatic English = kick out.