Keywords: free (liberate), release, liberate, freedom, liberation
As a Noun
1. The state of being able to say and do what you want to. English = freedom. Formal English = liberty.
2. The act of setting a person or nation that has been in captivity free. English = liberation
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To be not restricted, controlled, or limited. English = (be) free.
2. Of a person or animal that has been in captivity, to set them free. English = release.
3. Of a person or nation that has been in captivity or ruled from afar. English = liberate.