1. To go in one direction and then to come back in the opposite direction; to go to and fro.
2. To go to or to travel to a place and then to come back, to make a return journey; to go back and forth between places, especially to get to work. English = commute.
3. To go back and forth inside a room, a container, or between the extremities of some object (such as swimming laps in a pool).
4. To travel to a place and back from that place to the starting point on a return ticket; to make a return trip.
5. To be a day student at a school at which there are boarding students.