1. The setting free of a person or animal, especially a person from gaol. English = release, freeing, liberation.
2. The escape of someone from bondage, or the saving of someone. Formal English = deliverance.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To no longer be a prisoner or a slave, and to be unrestricted, uncontrolled, or unlimited in what you can do; of a person, to be released from gaol. English = (be) freed, (be) released, (be) liberated.
2. To take away the restrictions and controls from a person or animal, especially physical ones of bondage. English = free, release, liberate.
3. To release or save from evil. Formal religious English = deliver.