Keywords: compensation, charge, sue, cite, court (law)
As a Noun
1. Legal action and proceedings taken against someone, usually for money because they have harmed you in some way.
2. Money which is paid to someone because they have been harmed in some way or have been injured. English = compensation.
3. A formal accusation, made by the police, that someone has committed a crime. English = charge.
4. A place where legal matters are decided by a judge and jury or by a magistrate. English = court.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To start legal action against someone, usually in order to claim money from them because they have harmed you in some way. English = sue.
2. To seek compensation, usually through the courts, for some harm or injury you have suffered.
3. Of the police, to formally accuse someone of committing a crime. English = charge.
4. Of a player in team sports, to be reported or named for misconduct.