1. An area or a flat extended object located above another flat object or level area, or any thing or any action directly or indirectly associated with this, especially the floors in a multi-storey building.
As a Noun
1. The floor above the one you are on or the one you are talking about; upstairs one floor.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To be located above something. English = (be) above.
2. To be located above a flat or level surface; (be) above a flat surface.
3. To be located one floor above another (in a building with two or more floors); to go up by one floor in a building; to go upstairs (one floor).