Keywords: bad luck, misfortune, shame, unfortunate, unfortunately
As a Noun
1. A lack of success or bad things that happen to you, that have not been caused by yourself or other people. English = bad luck. Formal English = misfortune.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To have bad luck. English = unlucky. Formal English = unfortunate.
1. Used to express sympathy for someone who has failed to do something or failed to get something. English = 'Bad luck!', 'Hard luck!', 'Shame!', 'What a pity!' and so on.
2. Used to express a lack of sympathy for someone, especially someone you do not like, who has failed to do something or failed to get something. English = 'Bad luck!', 'Tough!' and so on.
1. Used to express regret about what you are saying. English = unfortunately.