Keywords: sweetheart, heartbeat, love, beat (heart), heartthrob, darling, throb, fall in love
As a Noun
1. The regular movement of the heart as it pumps blood around the body. English = heartbeat.
2. A very strong feeling of affection for someone who you are romantically or sexually attracted to. English = love.
3. Someone you love or any lovable or endearing person. English = darling, sweetheart.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. Of the heart, to move as it pumps blood around the body. English = beat, throb.
2. To feel romantically or sexually attracted to someone. English = love. Idiomatic English = (be) in love.
3. To start to be in love with someone. Idiomatic English = fall in love.