Keywords: chastened, humiliated, ears (animal)
1. Of an animal with upright or large ears, like a dog, to have them flap in the wind or retract downwards because the animal is frightened or on guard.
As a Noun
1. The feeling of being ashamed or stupid. English = humiliation.
2. The ears of some animals.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To feel regret that you have behaved badly or foolishly. Formal English = (be) chastened.
2. To feel ashamed or stupid; to make someone feel that way. English = (be) humiliated; humiliate.