1. Especially of ice, to change from solid to a liquid because it has been heated. English = melt.
2. Of a solid substance put into a liquid, to mix with a liquid until the solid disappears. English = dissolve.
3. Of a colour, to gradually become paler in colour especially due to exposure to the sun; to become a pale colour. English = fade; (be) faded.
4. To find the answer to a problem or to discover of a way of dealing with a difficult situation so that the difficulty is removed; to stop a sickness. English = solve, resolve; cure.
5. In mathematics and arithmetic, to find the answer to an equation or a math problem. English = solve.