1. The two parts of the body of some animals, insects and birds that are used for flying. English = wings.
2. In football or hockey, an attacking player who plays mainly on the far left or the far right of the pitch. English = winger.
3. Spiritual being, often represented as humans with wings, that some people believe are God's messengers and servants in heaven. English = angel.
4. A small insect with two wings. English = fly.
5. A small flying animal that looks like a mouse with leathery wings and flys at night. English = bat. [Used this way mostly in the Northern Territory, especially in the area around Darwin. Most Auslan signers, however, would also need to fingerspell B-A-T alone or immediately after making this sign in order to be clear about their intended meaning.]