Keywords: clothes, clothing, garments, apparel, wear, clothe, get dressed, wearing, dress, dress up
As a Noun
1. The things that people wear, such as shirts, coats, trousers, and dresses. English = clothes, clothing. Formal English = garments.
2. Clothes that people wear, especially on a formal occasion. Formal English = apparel.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To put a piece of clothing or clothes on your body. English = wear (something), get dressed, clothe.
2. To have a piece of clothing or clothes on your body. English = (be) wearing (something).
3. [Especially sucking in air with rounded lips], to put on special clothes for a special occasion. English = dress up, get dressed up.