Keywords: labour, toil, exertion, travail, laborious, busy, effort
Found 1 variant for this sign (click on video to enlarge):
As a Noun
1. An action or job that requires an unusual amount of physical or mental energy to do it. English = effort.
2. Physical or mental work which is difficult and very hard, even painful. English = labour, toil, exertion. Formal English = travail.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To work hard or a lot, to make an effort.
2. Of an action or job, to require or take a lot of effort to do. English = (be) laborious.
3. Of a person, to be working hard or concentrating on a task, so that you are not free to do anything else. English = (be) busy.