1. A physical object that a person or vehicle is unable to go over, go around or pass through; or a non-physical thing (such as a law, rule or policy) that stops someone doing something. English = barrier, obstacle.
2. Something that prevents two people or groups of people from agreeing, communicating, or working with each other. English = barrier, obstacle.
3. A street in which there is no way out at one end. English = dead end, cul de sac.
4. The largest distance you can travel in any one direction before reaching a barrier or needing to change direction. Used particularly when giving directions.
5. The maximum length or extent of something; the maximum length of time available for something to happen in. English = time limit.