Keywords: quiet, silence, peace, quieten, peaceful
As a Noun
1. A state or condition in which there is little or no noise or activity. English = quiet, silence.
2. The situation in which you are not being disturbed and you are in calm, quiet surroundings. English = peace.
3. The situation in which there is no war or conflict between countries. English = peace.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To make only a small amount of noise. English = (be) quiet.
2. To become less noisy, less active, and more calm. English = quieten down.
3. To make a person, animal or thing become less noisy, less active and more calm. English = quieten.
4. Of a place or a time, to be quiet, calm and undisturbed. English = (be) peaceful.