Keywords: quote, quotation marks, inverted commas, cite, so-called, topic, issue, quotation
Found 1 variant for this sign (click on video to enlarge):
As a Noun
1. A sentence or phrase from a book, film, poem, song, or play. English = quote, quotation.
2. Punctuation marks that are used to show where something someone has said or a quotation begins and ends. English = quotation marks, inverted commas.
3. The thing, person, or idea that is being discussed or written about. English = topic.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To repeat the exact words or signs that someone has said or written. English = quote. Formal English = cite.
2. To be the name or word that is generally used to describe something. You feel that there is something wrong or inappropriate about that name or word. English = (be) so-called.