Keywords: sewing, needlework, stitching, tailor, seamstress, sew, stitch
As a Noun
1. The activity of making, mending or decorating clothes or other material using a needle and thread. English = sewing, needlework, stitching.
2. The activity of tying the skin together using a special needle and thread. English = stitching.
3. A woman who sews and makes clothes as her job. English = seamstress.
4. A person who makes clothes, especially for men. English = tailor.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To join pieces of cloth together, or attach things such as buttons to cloth, by passing thread through them with a needle. English = sew, stitch.
2. In medicine, to use a special needle and thread to tie the skin together. English = stitch.