Keywords: experience, acquisition, acquire, take in, pick up, absorb
As a Noun
1. Something that happens to you that you can feel physically but which has a particularly important psychological or intellectual impact. English = experience.
2. Things that have happened to you or that you have done before in your life. English = experiences.
3. The learning of a skill by watching and doing, especially learning to speak or sign a language by being exposed and immersed in it as a child. English = acquisition.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To undergo the feelings and sensations of a particular situation, often in a way that affects you a lot, especially psychologically or intellectually. English = experience.
2. To pay attention to a particular situation in order to remember or learn as much from it as possible. Idiomatic English = take in, pick up, absorb.
3. To learn a skill by watching and doing, especially speaking or signing a language, by being exposed and immersed in it as a child. English = acquire.