1. The activity of making sure that something is satisfactory, safe, or correct. English = checking, testing, trialing.
2. An experiment in which you test something. English = trial.
3. Assignments, presentations, examinations and the other tasks a student must undertake as part of a course of study. English = assessment.
4. In education, the process of collecting evidence to help a teacher decide if a person has achieved the required level of competence. English = assessment.
5. An examination by a doctor to see if your health is all right. English = check-up.