Keywords: vanish (into distance), disappear (into distance), speed off, speed
As a Noun
1. The disappearance of something, especially into the distance.
2. The disappearance of a person from a place which is quick, unnoticed by others, or made without saying goodbye.
3. The movement of a vehicle at high speed away into the distance.
4. In science, the rate of change of position of an object in any direction. It is measured as the ratio of distance to the time in which the distance was covered. English = speed.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To go somewhere, especially away in the distance, so that it can no longer be seen. English = disappear, vanish, recede from view.
2. To leave a place quickly, unnoticed by others, or without saying goodbye.
3. Of a vehicle, to go off into the distance at high speed; to zoom off into the distance.