Keywords: vapour, smoke, steam, fumes, vaporise, fume
As a Noun
1. A mass of tiny drops of water, other liquids, or tiny particles in the air, which rise up from something. English = vapour.
2. Gas and small bits of solid material that are sent into the air when something burns. English = smoke.
3. A mass of tiny drops of water that rise up from very hot or boiling water. English = steam.
4. Strong and usually unpleasant smelling gasses that rise up from something. English = fumes.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. Of a liquid or solid, to change into vapour or gas. English = vaporise.
2. Of something burning, to give off smoke. English = smoke.
3. Of hot or boiling water, to give off steam. English = steam.
4. To give off gases that are usually strong and unpleasant smelling. English = fume.